Monday, December 15, 2014

LFR was rather easy :)

Hi,

Well, couldn't spend a lot of time playing this week. Had family in town staying with us and then traveled for a wedding on Saturday (12/13/14).

That being said, I did get to do LFR last Tuesday. First boss was fairly easy, and I watched the cut-scene after it. By the time it was done, no one else was nearby. I went towards where I thought they were, and ran into a pack of mobs that promptly killed me. I was dead and couldn't release during the whole Butcher fight :). I got loot from it though. The final boss was also pretty easy and I got 640 loot off it, too. Then, the next day I looked and saw I had mail from 'Postmaster'. Opened it up and there was 640 loot off the first boss that I forgot to loot too. So, 3 bosses, 3 640 pieces. Awesome. One bad thing I did though. These replaced two Apexis 630 pieces, and I then vendored them. Thankfully, my friend reminded me of the restoration process. So I got them back. Once they're upgraded, they will be better than the 640 pieces.

So, Flaying's up to 628 iLvL now. Not too shabby.

One other thing Flaying did this week was to look into how to get Lumber Mill level 3. It requires Legacy of the Ancients. You get this from a drop off Petrified Lumber. So she had to go around and find one. Eventually she did, and now has the quest. But that's as far as she got. She also upgraded the Bunker to level 3. She's got 20 followers now, and needs to up the limit to 25 to get another one this coming week.

I decided that I was getting enough Sumptuous Fur and Gorgond Flytrap to support two Tailors, so I decided to level up Pally. I got her to 92, and now she's in the Garrison profession rotation.

I also made a change to Pally's professions. I dropped Mining, and picked up Blacksmithing. I decided that Draeny could focus on crafting the weapons and shield (and upgrades), and Pally could concentrate on crafting Plate gear.

I was also trying to figure out a good profession building for Unstable, even though she's a double gatherer. I tried the Alchemy Lab, thinking I could craft Philosopher's Stone for a tidy profit, but then realized I couldn't. So I decided on Scribe's Quarters. She can craft Card of Omens and do some Gambling, while Boomy concentrates on Staves, and upgrades.

Other than this, I took all of them through the DMF for + 5 profs.

Also, I decided that I really need to level Draeny. She's my avatar on the WoW forums, so I want her to be level 100. I think I may actually take her to 100 next. She's currently in Talador, about to hit level 96:

Draeny in Talador
That's about it. Priesty didn't get my play this week, other than DMF and some Stormwind Dailies. And, it goes without saying, lots of Follower Missions and crafting daily stuff was still done this week.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. I cheated and actually used the AH. I got a 665 BoE on Flaying drop off a level 100 mob. It was Plate with Intellect, and so couldn't be used by any of my characters. So, I put it up for 25K (there was one listed for 30K) and it Sold!! No AH except in extreme circumstances. And this was one of them :)

Alliance (Brits United) on Draenor:

Flayingbrit (100) - Human/Priest (Herbalism 700/Alchemy 700) - iLvl 628
Draenybrit (95) - Draenei/Shaman (Mining 700/Blacksmithing 657)
Gnomeybrit (96) - Gnome/Priest (Tailoring 664/Enchanting 625)
Flictionbrit (92) - Gnome/Warlock (Mining 700/Engineering 694)
Fengsuibrit (93) - Pandaren/Hunter (Skinning 665/Leatherworking 631)
Blizzybrit (92) - Draenei/Mage (Mining 700/Jewelcrafting 710)
Boomybrit (96) - Night Elf/Druid (Herbalism 700/Inscription 647)

Unstablebrit (96) - Human/Warlock (Herbalim 465/Skinning 682)
Pallybrit (92) - Human/Paladin (Blacksmithing 42/Tailoring 608)
Bamboodbrit (90) - Pandaren/Priest (Herbalism 608/Alchemy 600)
Priestybrit (54) - Draenei/Priest (None)

Raidbrit (10) - Doesn't matter (2nd account)
 
Alliance (Brits United) on Echo Isles:
 

Shaolinbrit (91) - Pandaren/Monk (Mining 594/Jewelcrafting 600) 
Slealthybrit (90) - Pandaren/Rogue (Skinning 600/Leatherworking 600)
Smashbrit (12) - Pandaren/Warrior (None)
Frostybrit (68) - Draenei/Death Knight (None)
 
Horde (Britannia) on Ghostlands:


Priestybrit (42) - Undead/Priest (Tailoring 176/Enchanting 196)
Elfybrit (3) - Blood Elf/Priest (None) 
Shammybrit (14) - Orc/Shaman (Mining 21/Herbalism 25)

Achievements have bumped up to 5350 this week, as you can see below.

Achievements
The last two being Builder (Flaying upgraded all buildings to level 2), and Chopping Even More Logs (My gang submitted 100 Lumber Mill work orders).

The plan for next week is to keep leveling Draeny, and maybe play Priesty a bit, and then maybe work on getting others to 96.

Opinion Time: The Difficulty of LFR

This was a major topic over on the forums as soon as LFR was released. People were saying it was too easy, because you can actually ignore the boss mechanics. They want to at least have it that you can't ignore the mechanics, but have it still relatively straight forward.

There are 2 other camps that want to leave it as is:


1. The Raiders.

They're happy that it's now really 'Tourist Mode'. This is so they can brag about how they're the only ones doing 'Real Raiding'.

2. The Heroic Dungeon Crowd

They're happy because they want to be-little any one who can't, or doesn't want to, do Silver Proving Grounds. They're overjoyed that those people have easy content as it validates that they're the better players.

My opinion? It's too easy. They should up the difficulty (slightly) to make it that you have to pay attention to Boss mechanics. Come on, it requires higher iLvL to enter it than Heroic Dungeons (615 vs 610), and gives better loot than Heroic Dungeons (640 vs 630). So it should definitely be harder than it is currently.

Cheers.        

No comments:

Post a Comment