Monday, December 22, 2014

It's all about the Gold....

Hi,

Sing it with me.

It's all about the Gold, 'bout the Gold, no trouble :)

That's right, with the announcement of stuff that they're looking to do in 2015 came the awesome news that they're considering allowing players to buy game tokens and trade them in the game for Gold. That means that it would be possible for people to finance their play time with in game gold (just like you can in Wildstar).

So, which that news, I immediately switched into make gold mode. I started using the AH again, and spent a lot of time here:

Auction House
I'm selling a lot of stuff. All the Ore and Herbs I don't need for the daily crafting stuff, and other things I've been getting out in the world, like Embersilk and Frostweave Cloth.

Well, I've been soloing old Raids and Dungeons. I started with ICC, and then moved on to Firelands, Dragon Soul, and Bastion of Twilight. I then did Grim Batol, Lost City, and Halls of Orig Heroics. Then I hit up the Well of Eternity Heroics. Then I went back and did 25 man ICC. I should go an do Firelands and Dragon Soul 25 man too :)

So, I'm raking in the gold now. I've gone (on Flaying) from just less than 50K last week, to over 63K now.

Other than that, I was leveling Draeny and got her to 98. I would have got her to 100 if the gold news wouldn't have broken like it did :) I also leveled Blizzy a bit. I want her to get the level 2 JC Emporium to assign a follower and get the gold quest. I also leveled Bambood to 91. Looking to get her to 92 for the next mine. BTW: I'm targeting all the gold making follower missions first now, also :)

I played Priesty only a bit, just getting her to 55. Oh, and I played the Horde Priesty too late in the evening, getting her to 43.

Alliance (Brits United) on Draenor:

Flayingbrit (100) - Human/Priest (Herbalism 700/Alchemy 700) - iLvl 633
Draenybrit (98) - Draenei/Shaman (Mining 700/Blacksmithing 679)
Gnomeybrit (96) - Gnome/Priest (Tailoring 681/Enchanting 632)
Flictionbrit (92) - Gnome/Warlock (Mining 700/Engineering 708)
Fengsuibrit (93) - Pandaren/Hunter (Skinning 665/Leatherworking 643)
Blizzybrit (93) - Draenei/Mage (Mining 700/Jewelcrafting 710)
Boomybrit (96) - Night Elf/Druid (Herbalism 700/Inscription 664)

Unstablebrit (96) - Human/Warlock (Herbalim 618/Skinning 687)
Pallybrit (92) - Human/Paladin (Blacksmithing 102/Tailoring 614)
Bamboodbrit (91) - Pandaren/Priest (Herbalism 618/Alchemy 604)
Priestybrit (55) - Draenei/Priest (None)
 
Raidbrit (10) - Doesn't matter (2nd account) 

Alliance (Brits United) on Echo Isles:  

Shaolinbrit (91) - Pandaren/Monk (Mining 594/Jewelcrafting 600) 
Slealthybrit (90) - Pandaren/Rogue (Skinning 600/Leatherworking 600)
Smashbrit (12) - Pandaren/Warrior (None) 
Frostybrit (68) - Draenei/Death Knight (None)
 
Horde (Britannia) on Ghostlands:


Priestybrit (43) - Undead/Priest (Tailoring 176/Enchanting 196)
Elfybrit (3) - Blood Elf/Priest (None)
Shammybrit (14) - Orc/Shaman (Mining 21/Herbalism 25)

Achievements have shot up to 5740 this week, due to all the soloing of of the old Raids and stuff. The last two were Heroic: Well of Eternity, and Heroic: Hour of Twilight:


5740
The plan for next week is to keep making gold. Flaying will continue to do old Raids, and old Heroics and put up tons of stuff on the AH. I do think I may get Draeny to 100 next week, as I need another 100 to solo old stuff :) I will probably also look to level Blizzy and Bambood a bit more.


Before Opinion Time, I'd just like to take a moment to say something.


The will be the last Blog post before Christmas. So, Merry Christmas to all of you who read my blog. I hope the Holidays are very kind to you, and yours, and I hope you have a good time over the next week.

Opinion Time: Buying Game Time for Gold

There have been a storm of posts about this over on the main forums. Most have been in favor of it, but there are some that even say they're quitting over this. In case you haven't seen it at all. Here's a link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15688408873

I see this a incredibly positive news all round.

It's a win for players who buy the token from the store (let's say for $20), because they'll get a good chuck of gold for their $20.

It's a win for players who trade their gold for the token (like me :)), because they'll get Game time for gold.

It's a win for Blizzard, because they get $20 for it.

In other words, it's a Win/Win/Win.

The only valid concern I've seen is that there'll be inflation because gold stashed away by people will now be used to buy tokens, and they be used in the economy again. I say - So what? If there's a bit of inflation, it won't be the end of the world, and 50% of the players will be better off, because they will be doing the selling, not the buying.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment