Monday, October 20, 2014

Leveling again!!

Hi,

Yep, back to actually leveling characters, instead of just doing the farms on multiple toons. This is because my back is feeling better, and I'm sitting down playing a lot now. 6.0.2 dropped last week, and I immediately filled up Shaolin's bag and bank with tons of stuff from the Venture Co. guild bank. Then, I transferred her to Echo Isles. Once she got there, I was leveling her furiously to get to 85 and then pass all the Heirlooms to Stealthy.

Well, I did accomplish that task. I got her to 85 on Sunday, and now I will be leveling Stealthy like crazy, to get to level 60, and use the boost. I actually got Stealthy to level 20 this morning.

One other thing I should mention is that, because Carbonite is not ready for 6.0.2, I've been using the in game quest UI. It's actually not bad. I'm really getting used to it, and may continue to just use it. I'll have to use it at the start of WoD anyway, because Carbonite is never available for some time after a new expansion release.

Now, I said that 6.0.2 dropped, and with it came new models. Here are the new Flaying and Draeny.

Flaying
She looks pretty much the same. I like the new model, but not as much as:

Draeny
She looks even more awesome. I'm very happy with what they did to the Draenei model.

However, I'm not happy with what they did with the female Gnomes:

Gnomey
What on earth is with all the blackness around the eyes? Also, all her former cuteness is gone. I just don't like this new model at all.

As I said last week in the opinion piece, the inventory improvements were the best thing about 6.0.2. The mats stacking to 200 was brilliant. Especially for my Tailors and Leatherworkers, who had tons of stacks of Bolts of Windwool Cloth, and Exotic Leather, respectively. Gnomey had enough Celestial Cloth to craft the belt for Unstable.

What I've be doing with my 90s is to do the farms on Gnomey, Fengsui, and Pally, for the daily Celestial Cloth, Imperial Silk, and Magnificent Hardened Hide. On Blizzy and Unstable, I've been doing Timeless Isle. I got to 50K coins on Unstable and decided to gamble with them. In the cave, I got 2 Burdens of Eternity (yay!), 3 Bonkers (sold for 25g each), and 25 pieces of Timeless Gear. Not bad at all.

Another thing I did was upgrade all the (higher than level 500) gear I could with Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. I had plenty on each character, and nearly all of them improved in iLvL this week.

Oh, and I also started my Pandaren Warrior. I got her to level 3. I'll be creating a Pandaren of each class and leveling them all up to 90.

Here's where things stand:

Alliance (Brits United) on Draenor:

Flayingbrit (90) - Human/Priest (Herbalism 600/Alchemy 600) - iLvL 552
Draenybrit (90) - Draenei/Shaman (Mining 600/Blacksmithing 600) - iLvL 526
Gnomeybrit (90) - Gnome/Priest (Tailoring 600/Enchanting 600) - iLvl 546
Flictionbrit (90) - Gnome/Warlock (Mining 600/Engineering 600) - iLvL 519
Fengsuibrit (90) - Pandaren/Hunter (Skinning 600/Leatherworking 600) - iLvL 532
Blizzybrit (90) - Draenei/Mage (Mining 600/Jewelcrafting 600) - iLvL 509
Boomybrit (90) - Night Elf/Druid (Herbalism 600/Inscription 600) - iLvL 505

Unstablebrit (90) - Human/Warlock (Mining 600/Skinning 600) - iLvL 514

Pallybrit (90) - Human/Paladin (Mining 600/Tailoring 600) - iLvL 505
Raidbrit (10) - Doesn't matter

Alliance on Echo Isles:

Shaolinbrit (85) - Pandaren/Monk (None)
Slealthybrit (20) - Pandaren/Rogue (None)
Smashbrit (3) - Pandaren/Warrior (None)

Alliance (Brits United) on Venture Co:

Bamboodbrit (90) - Pandaren/Priest (Herbalism 600/Alchemy 600) - iLvL 502


Achievements didn't move this week.

The plan for next week to level Stealthy. Level Shaolin also, might as well get her to 90. Continue doing the farms, and Timeless Isle. Oh, and I haven't done the Iron Tide quests yet, or the new Dungeon. I might actually try those next week.

Opinion Time - Two bad things about Warlords of Draenor

So, I've read up a lot on Warlords of Draenor, and there are two aspects that I really don't like. Here they are:

1. Professions

Look on wowhead to see what they've done to professions. They've got a crafted material for all crafted professions that you get on a daily CD, or from Garrison Work Orders. This is then used to craft some high level gear and upgrades to that gear. Note that you can only equip 3 items of crafted gear though, really limiting the usefullness.

My issue is that there is nothing to craft with base mats. There is nothing not tied to daily CD and Work Orders. I can't just take 100 Bolts of Windwool Cloth and make 25 cloaks. No, I have to accumulate the mats over days and days and eventually make 1 piece. I really think this is a step backwards.

2. Dailies

At level 100, I think there are 2 Dailies available. That's it. You don't grind faction rep by doing dailies, you kill mobs. They seemed to think that having all those dailies in MoP was a bad thing.

It wasn't a bad thing. Gating gear behind rep behind dailies was a bad thing. They've really gone overboard in cutting back the number of dailies available.

Cheers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment