Monday, October 27, 2014

A Pandaren Abroad!

Hi,

Well, most of my week was spent leveling my Pandaren Rogue. She made it though Redridge Mountains, Nothern Stranglehorn, and Cape of Stranglehorn. She then used the portal to Western Plaguelands and then hit Eastern Plaguelands before taking the rocket to Badlands. Then, after finishing the Badlands and the first few quests in Searing Gorge, she decided to see what things are like in Kalimdor.

So, she boarded the boat for Teldrassil. She then flew to Moonglade and rode to Felwood to do the last few quests involving the Timbermaw Hold, before heading off to Winterspring.

Stealthy in Winterspring

So, that's where things stand. She did all the questing up until getting to Everlook, and is now level 51. The reason I do Felwood -> Winterspring is that I really enjoy questing in Winterspring, and the last few Felwood quests. I much prefer them to the Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes quests.

Another thing Stealthy did while questing in the evening, was to queue for dungeons. She did quite a few, and that's where the increase in Achievements came from this week. I do dungeons because in the evening it's slow going questing with all the damn players around because of CRZ. I get a good chunk of questing in the morning before going to work, and there are far less people 6am->7am.

Other than that, I've actually completed the Blasted Lands Iron Horde quests on a few characters. It's not bad at all. A nice little questline, with a few nice rewards for my lower geared 90s.

Of course, I've continued to do farms on Gnomey, Fengsui, and Pally, and continued to do Timeless Isle on Blizzy, Unstable, and Pally. When I get the Vision in Time quests, I can just load up a second version of WoW and get on my second account to form a Raid group to enter SOO.

Oh yeah, I also transferred Bambood over to Draenor, so there are no more transfers to bother with any more. I will start deleting all Venture Co characters once they've transferred Hierlooms over, and will probably delete all my Ravenholt characters too.

Alliance (Brits United) on Draenor:

Flayingbrit (90) - Human/Priest (Herbalism 600/Alchemy 600) - iLvL 552
Draenybrit (90) - Draenei/Shaman (Mining 600/Blacksmithing 600) - iLvL 528
Gnomeybrit (90) - Gnome/Priest (Tailoring 600/Enchanting 600) - iLvl 546
Flictionbrit (90) - Gnome/Warlock (Mining 600/Engineering 600) - iLvL 519
Fengsuibrit (90) - Pandaren/Hunter (Skinning 600/Leatherworking 600) - iLvL 532
Blizzybrit (90) - Draenei/Mage (Mining 600/Jewelcrafting 600) - iLvL 510
Boomybrit (90) - Night Elf/Druid (Herbalism 600/Inscription 600) - iLvL 505

Unstablebrit (90) - Human/Warlock (Mining 600/Skinning 600) - iLvL 523 

Pallybrit (90) - Human/Paladin (Mining 600/Tailoring 600) - iLvL 515
Bamboodbrit (90) - Pandaren/Priest (Herbalism 600/Alchemy 600) - iLvL 506
Raidbrit (10) - Doesn't matter

Alliance on Echo Isles:
 
Shaolinbrit (85) - Pandaren/Monk (None) 
Slealthybrit (51) - Pandaren/Rogue (None)
Smashbrit (5) - Pandaren/Warrior (None)

Achievements went up to 4630 this week, with the last 3 being: Iron Invasion, Mauradon, and Razorfen Downs.


The plan for next week is to get Stealthy to 60 and boost. Then to continue to level Smash, I guess, while I continue to do farms and Timeless Isle.


Only a few weeks until WoD now!

Opinion Time: The In-Game Quest UI

I have been using Carbonite Quest ever since I found out about it, about 3 or 4 years ago. Well, it wasn't updated for 6.0.2, so I had no alternative other than to use the in game quest UI.

I must say, after using it for a couple of weeks, I find it fairly intuitive, and really good. I turned on auto quest tracking, meaning that quests automatically get tracked when you accept them. This is excellent, and it's easy to find out where things are, from the small map with the arrow, or by looking at the larger map.

A good test was the new Iron Horde quests in Blasted Lands. I hadn't done them before, but it was really easy using the quest tracker, especially in the place where you need to kill 3 mobs, plant flags, and recover some items.

Nice one Blizzard. I really approve of your quest UI, and I will use it for WoD and not bother with Carbonite any more.     

No comments:

Post a Comment