Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Starting Completely Over - Again!!

Hi,

Well well. I've decided that I'm going to stop playing retail WoW, and just play Classic WoW for the next few months at least. With that, let me tell you about my Classic experience.

Well, I started on an RP realm, because I was in the mode of thinking that CRZ existed and that it would be quieter there. So, I got a Warlock to level 8. But then I realized that I wanted to be on Old Blanchy with some other friends of mine. So, I deleted my Warlock and started over. I got a Human Warlock started on Old Blanchy with Tailoring/Enchanting. Once I got to about level 10, I realized that I needed more Linen cloth, so I started a Night Elf Hunter with Herbing/Enchanting and she funneled all the Linen Cloth over to my Warlock.

Characters on Old Blanchy
OK, how is Classic? Well, it's more difficult, grindy and takes way longer to do anything than in retail. But it's fun. Lots of fun. It's great seeing the zones the way they were at the start. It's great that professions are actually fun again. It's great that 10s seems like a lot. It's great getting a new talent each level, and great paying for new abilities.

I did Elwyn Forest on my Warlock, headed to Westfall, hated it, so headed over to Loch Modan. Then she went back and did a bit of Sentinel Hill stuff in Westfall and got to level 15. Now the plan is to go to Redridge Mountains.

On my Hunter, I did Teldrassil until high level 9, and then decided I wanted to do Elwyn Forest. So, she did the trek all the way through Wetlands to get to Ironforge and then Stormwind City. She set her Hearth there. Then, when she got to level 10, she got the quest to go BACK TO TELDRASSIL!! OMG. Back to Ironforge, flight to Menethil Harbor, over to Auberdine etc. and eventually she got Pet training. I didn't realize that the level 10 Pet training quests are in your home zone. Sigh.

Anyway, she's level 11 now, and has finally got a wolf pet.

Oh, I was debating whether to join a guild, or start my own personal guild. I finally decided to start a personal guild and offered 5s for signatures. I got my personal guild, but then realized there was no guild bank. In fact, nothing of any benefit for me at all. Oh well, maybe stuff will be added later.

Talking about later, I really want Expansions to be added to Classic over time. I want to experience Burning Crusade and WOLK etc. What would be perfect IMHO is two games on the same timeline, separated by 15 years.

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Here's gold situation: 11 million gold on retail. Less than 1g on Classic :)

Old Blanchy:

Lockybrit (15) - Human/Warlock - (Tailoring/Enchanting)
Quiverbrit (11) - Night Elf/Hunter - (Herbalism/Alchemy)


I'll probably start more characters next week. Maybe some Horde one on a different realm :)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment